TAILGATER

Yesterday I had a crazy idea. The idea was quite simply this: to apply actual make-up before embarking on the school run. Unfortunately, the idea struck me at around 3.15pm, which is only five minutes before I need to leave the house.

“You okay?” said my neighbour, at the school gates. “Bloody knackered,” I said, which is my stock answer to any question. My neighbour is extremely polite, because it was only later, whilst looking in the rear-view mirror, I realised that I looked like The Demented Wife of Pierrot The Clown.

The day got worse on the journey to GroTesquo. I got honked on the A road by a suit in a Merc who was riding my ass even though I was driving at the 40mph speed limit. I gave him The Death Stare in the mirror, which didn’t work, in spite of the shocking state of my face. I think I will get a US-style sticker that says, “ I brake SUDDENLY for tailgaters.” Of course, it’s not only businessmen tw*ts that think it’s ok to break the law. I was having a glass of wine with some friends the other day when one of them announced, “I hate people who drive at 40 on Llan******* Road.”!!! 


So just to add to the list of things that I hate (see previous blog), I want to add this:

I hate it when people think it’s okay to break the speed limit. 5000 children under-16 are killed by speeding drivers every year. Life is not an episode of fu**kin Top Gear!!  

Rant over for today.

Comments

  1. Great rant! I'm going to put this post on my Blog Promotions page. One of my pet hates is irate drivers who think they can drive at any speed they like. Most of them are men. I'm afraid to say it, but it's true.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ON YER BIKE

FIRST DATES DATE NIGHT

THE RUDE MECHANICALS